Family Support Worker (childcare only)
Summary of primary job functions:
The Family Support Child Care Worker is responsible to ensure a high standard of care and supervision of children admitted to the Kottage, and to help create an atmosphere of acceptance, security and safety for the families using the services of Kids Kottage.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Maintains current certification in mandatory training.
- Holds a degree or diploma in a human service field, Early Childhood Development, or related education, or at least two years of documented child care experience.
- Provides and maintains current clear CYIM and Police Criminal Checks.
- Ability to think critically and be solution focused.
- Relates comfortably with children and families.
- Uses excellent verbal reporting skill in English.
- Uses excellent English documentation skills.
- Manages time well.
- Builds strong rapport with all team members including those from diverse cultures.
- Has the ability to lift and carry infants and children and to complete household cleaning.
- Has knowledge and ability to meet the developmental needs of infants and children up to 12 years old.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable throughout their shift.
- Proven ability to work well with others.
Salary Range: $17.50-19.50/hour
Benefit Package available