Intake Worker Permanent full-time position
Shift rotation of days and nights (3 on, 3 off)
Start Date: As soon as possible; applications will continue to be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
This employee will answer telephone calls from parents whose family needs emergency respite for their infants and children (up to eleven years old) and have nowhere else to turn for help. This employee completes an intake interview with parents, assists them to develop an action plan to solve the issue they are facing, completes children’s admissions and discharges to the Kottage. To a lesser degree this employee works with infants and children.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Holds a degree or diploma in a human service field
- Three years of documented experience in crisis work is an asset
- Presents a clear Criminal Record Check (dated within the last 6 months)
- Presents a clear Child and Youth Information Module Check (dated within the last 6 months)
- First Aid and CPR (Level C)
- Working computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Good command of English language written and verbal.
- Culturally sensitive
Salary Range: $33,500 – 40,500
Benefit Package available