Are you passionate about serving your community? Are you an experienced fund development professional eager to make a difference in the lives of infants and children?
Kids Kottage Foundation (KKF) is currently searching for the perfect candidate to serve as our permanent part-time Accountant who is responsible for review of various CRA filings and tax receipts, quality assurance and review of financial documents prepared by the accounting technician before presentation to the board and executive director. This position is to be performed on-site.
The perfect candidate will promote the vision of the organization ensuring maximum brand awareness and donor impact on the community. In cooperation with the Executive Director, you will lead the organization in all aspects of accounting and truly ensure fiscal responsibility for the Foundation.
In this role, you will lead a dynamic Accounting Technician to accomplish the organization’s fundraising and communications goals by providing oversight to KKF’s database administrator, communications and marketing team.
- Reviews financial statements and any other reports requested by the Executive Director
- Review accounting records and financial statements
- Review tax filings
- Resolve CRA related inquiries and review prepared related submissions
- Various other tax and accounting related tasks
- Work with other staff members on problems and solutions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years of accounting experience in a non-profit or related industry preferred.
- 4 years of audit fieldwork.
- Understanding of full-cycle accounting and project forecasting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of government legislation and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to act with the required discretion when handling confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Sage.
- Raiser’s Edge NXT Knowledge an asset
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- Active accounting designation (CPA) is required.
- Permanent part-time position, 20 hours of work/month. Flexible hours; including evening and occasional weekends are required.
- This position is based out of Kids Kottage Foundation Administration Office.
- Based on education, skills, abilities, and experience. Upon completion of a probationary period, we additionally offer a comprehensive, competitive, extended health benefits package.
How to Apply:
- Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Please include Accountant in the subject line of the email and state your salary expectations in the cover letter.
**We appreciate the interest of all applicants. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.**
- Open until a suitable candidate is found.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage all candidates who self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities to apply.
The COVID-19 Vaccination Verification Policy for Kids Kottage Foundation requires all Kids Kottage Foundation personnel to be fully vaccinated. This is a condition of employment, should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment then the hiring manager or a human resources representative will contact you in order to complete a vaccination verification.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by Kids Kottage Foundation. These screenings may include a criminal record check, a clear vulnerable sector check.
Kids Kottage Value Statement: All children have inherent value as individuals and are recognized to have specific rights, established under the 1989 United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. Kids Kottage Foundation respects and upholds these specific and inherent rights.