Accounting Technician – Temporary maternity leave coverage
We are looking for hard-working team members, who embrace compassion, believe in inclusivity, innovation, demonstrate courage, respect, and accountability, and believe in the power of prevention services.
Every year, 1,200 children stay at Kids Kottage. Kids Kottage Foundation aims to make a difference, not only today, for children and their support systems, but also for tomorrow, by promoting social change in our current complex world.
This position is ideal for applicants who thrive on working independently, establishing strong relationships with their colleagues, detail orientated, professional, and managing multiple priorities daily.
The Vision is Bold;
- Reduce the long term effects of toxic stress and adverse childhood experiences
- Crisis intervention, early intervention, and prevention for the most vulnerable members of our community infants and children
- A community where every infant and child is safe
- Bi-monthly payroll administration, and calculations
- Posting payment notices
- Posting and reconciling entries
- General Ledger postings
- Perform financial analysis and account reconciliations
- Prepare and support the financial audit process
- Prepare comparative income statements, financial reports, and budgets
- Performing data entry
- Assisting with reception coverage
- 1 + years of experience in an Accounting Clerk position
- Post-secondary accounting education
- Experience with non-profit accounting an asset
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Adept in using various accounting software platforms
- Advanced working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- First-rate written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Available to start October 1, 2020
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Strong communicator
- Strong analytical skills
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Driven towards excellence
- Confident – can speak authentically to the Kids Kottage team through straight forward and blunt conversation when needed
- Professional in image and demeanor
- Work schedule includes Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Work is performed in a professional office setting
Excellent compensation and benefits package awaits the successful candidate.
How to ApplyPlease email your resume to Dataentry.firstname.lastname@example.org for the opportunity to join our team in the role of accounting technician (temporary maternity leave coverage).
Kids Kottage Value Statement: All children have inherent value as individuals and are recognized to have specific rights, established under the 1989 United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. Kids Kottage Foundation respects and upholds these specific and inherent rights.