Casual Cook and Housekeeping
Are you passionate about seeing a community where no child is at risk? Bring that passion to Kids Kottage Foundation!
We are looking for hard-working team members, who embrace compassion, believe in inclusivity, innovation, demonstrate courage, respect, and accountability, and believe in the power of prevention services.
Every year, 1,200 children stay at Kids Kottage. Kids Kottage Foundation aims to make a difference, not only today, for children and their support systems, but also for tomorrow, by promoting social change in our current complex world.
This position is ideal for applicants who enjoy working independently, establishing strong relationships with colleagues, are detail orientated, professional, and have the ability to manage multiple priorities on a daily basis.
The Vision is Bold;
● Reduce the long term effects of toxic stress and adverse childhood experiences
● Crisis intervention, early intervention, and prevention for the most vulnerable members of our community infants and children
● A community where every infant and child is safe
Our mission is to empower those accessing our services through a community network of support. Our goal is to be here for those family systems before intensive intervention is required. Kids Kottage Foundation achieves this by delivering transformational services for those waging war against trauma, poverty, violence, and adversity. Strategic priorities drive our organization as we continue to push for change.
Kids Kottage Foundation is recruiting for a casual cook and housekeeper who will report to the program manager and be responsible for overseeing the kitchen and the cleanliness of the Kottage, creating a welcoming and well-kept environment, and cooking nutritious meals for every infant and child staying with Kids Kottage.
- Maintain health and safety standards with the Kottage
- Hold a Child Care First Aid certificate current within the last six months
- Prepare menus as approved by the program manager
- Carry out the designated cleaning routine
- Appropriately document work completed
- Ensure kitchen and dining area is left clean after meals
- Assist with other position-related tasks as directed
- Education in safe food handling
- Possess a combination of education/ training and experience in cleaning and housekeeping
- Minimum 2 years experience cooking in a home-like environment
- Driver’s license and vehicle to purchase groceries
- Local travel is required
- Work schedule includes some days and weekends
- Work is performed in the Kottage and Administration office
An excellent compensation and benefits package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
To apply for the role of Casual Cook and Housekeeping, please email your resume to email@example.com
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted.
Kids Kottage Value Statement: All children have inherent value as individuals and are recognized to have specific rights, established under the 1989 United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. Kids Kottage Foundation respects and upholds these specific and inherent rights.