Contract Position – Full Time
Employment with Kids Kottage Foundation is more than just a job; it is an opportunity to make a lasting change in the lives of others.
At Kids Kottage we value the wellness of our team and encourage personal growth and development. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, taking a holistic approach to wellness.
We recognize our team as our most valuable resource; Kids Kottage provides orientation, on-going training, and opportunities for professional development.
- Provide comprehensive front-line service delivery using a strength-based, action-oriented approach, case conferences assess needs, strengths, risks, and comprehensive case plans; adhere to program principles, practice standards and guidelines.
- Lead participants through action-oriented solution processes and interventions, support individuals experiencing distress, promote capacity building and independence, enable informed choice, and promote social inclusion
- Support a coordinated, flexible and community development strategy; invest in relationships with key community partners to enhance service delivery; identify service barriers and solutions for change to achieve seamless service delivery across relevant organizations
- Provide leadership in project and committee work
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, and collaboration skills with a teamwork orientation
- Strong facilitation, verbal and written communication skills with an openness to others’ ideas
- Initiative, adaptability and accountability
- Ability to gather information and apply critical thinking within a changing environment
- Ability to independently and proficiently apply knowledge and skills to practice
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or a related field with three years of relevant experience or a diploma and five years’ experience, with a preference for those fields with regulated practice
- A minimum of two years of experience working with people in distress and overwhelming situations using a strength-based, solution-oriented approach
- A minimum of two years of experience with project and committee work and developing and delivering skill-building, psycho-educational sessions.
- Current CYIM and Police clearance must be supplied (current within last 6 months)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable car will be required
Conditions of Employment
- Satisfactory Criminal Records, Vulnerable Sector and Child Intervention check is required upon hire
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts: days, evenings and weekends
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in the position.
Please email resumes with covering letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in Kids Kottage Foundation. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
At Kids Kottage, we believe:
- All children have inherent value as individuals and are recognized to have specific rights, established under the 1989 United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. Kids Kottage Foundation respects and upholds these specific and inherent rights.
- All children have the right to live and grow in a healthy and safe living environment and to have their basic needs met, recognising the importance of every child’s early life experience.
- Kids Kottage is committed to supporting children and their caregivers and creating a safe, welcoming inclusive space to provide that support for those in need.
- Kids Kottage is committed to establishing a proactive, well-informed community network in order to promote the wellness and security of children and their caregivers.