Board of Directors (Volunteer Position)
Kids Kottage Foundation is looking to build and grow their current Board composition and ensure it represents a diverse range of both general and special skills, personal backgrounds, and experiences. The Foundation is at an inflection point in its operation, and the existing Board members are keen to take it to the next level; we are looking for innovative individuals who are eager to lend their talents to continuing the effort and igniting this massive opportunity. The Kids Kottage Foundation is seeking up to three (3) Directors who possess a combination of the following core competencies, experiences, and personal attributes.
On Your Resume:
- 8-10 years of experience at the management or director level
- Demonstrated leadership in business, entrepreneurial pursuits, community, government, construction, development, or the non-profit sector
- Experience and demonstrated acumen in one or more of the following areas: financial & audit literacy, human resources, governance, construction/development, community advocacy, building management, fund development or risk; and
- Proven track record of donor and relationship management, including the successful navigation and catalyzation of capital campaigns, corporate stakeholders, fund development, and major gift donors will be considered an asset
In your interview and communication, you will display the following attributes and competencies:
- Exceptional ability to maintain and nurture relationships over time with internal and external stakeholders
- Emotional intelligence; empathy and understanding of different priorities and viewpoints
- Professional maturity, with the ability to work through conflict and competing priorities in a measured, calm, and collaborative way
- Strong knowledge of government funding and procedures
- Demonstrated track record of professionalism coupled with the ability to make decisions that will be vital to the Board
Kids Kottage Foundation respectfully acknowledges that we are located within Treaty 6 Territory and Metis Nation of Alberta Region 4. We acknowledge the land as the traditional home for many Indigenous Peoples including the Cree, Blackfoot, Métis, Nakota Sioux, Dene, Saulteaux, Anishinaabe, Inuit and many others whose histories, languages, and cultures continue to influence our vibrant community.
Kids Kottage Foundation supports an emergency children’s shelter for infants and children 10 years of age. Relieving infants and children from the crisis they face (such as) violence, homelessness, poverty, mental or physical health issues in the home environment. The emergency children’s shelter operates twenty-four days a day, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty-five days a year. Crisis and trauma does not take a break.
HOW TO APPLY
To explore this volunteer Board of Director opportunity, you are invited to submit a letter of interest or resume to JFraser@kidskottage.org noting “Board Application” in the subject line. Note: As a condition of becoming a Board Member, successful candidates are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. A clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check is also required.