Family Support Worker – Full Time Nights
Are you passionate about seeing a community where no child is at risk? Bring that passion to Kids Kottage Foundation!
Role: Family Support Worker (Childcare)
We are looking for hard-working team members, who embrace compassion, believe in inclusivity, innovation, demonstrate courage, respect and accountability, and believe in the power of intervention, and prevention services.
Every year, 1,200 children stay at Kids Kottage. Kids Kottage Foundation aims to make a difference, for children and their support systems, not only today, but also for tomorrow, by promoting social change in our current complex world.
Like our clients, we rely on the generosity of the community to support our vision through community connections. We are strenuously striving for results that will improve the lives of children today and for every day coming.
This vision is bold.
- Early intervention and crisis prevention for the most vulnerable members of our community – infants and children
- Ensuring Kids Kottage is as safe, welcoming and supportive as it possibly can be
- Improving supports and an enhanced quality of life for children and their family systems
Our mission is to empower those accessing our services via community network of support. Our goal is to be here for those family systems before they fall into crisis. Kids Kottage Foundation achieves this by delivering transformational services for those waging war against trauma, poverty, violence and adversity. Strategic priorities drive our organization as we continue to push for change.
Kids Kottage Foundation is recruiting a Family Support Worker. Reporting to the Team Lead, a Family Support Worker is responsible for exemplary, trauma informed child care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts and engages with infants and children
- Provides a high quality of childcare for infants and children supporting their emotional, physical and social development milestones
- Maintains a safe environment
- Assists infants and children in their daily routines, keeping in mind the developmental stages
- Completes developmental screening of infants and children as required
- Assists infants and children to cope with feelings of separation from parents
- Ensures that files are completed and data is entered correctly
- Takes crisis nursery calls offering non-judgmental assistance to all families pursuing help from Kids Kottage
- Record keeping and completes daily logs of the assigned infants and children
- Oversees and assists childcare volunteers as they provide care for infants and children
- Keeps abreast of all current resources for family systems and children
- Participates in internal and external committees as required
- Keeps up on development/research in the field of family systems, child brain development and informed trauma practices
- Stays abreast of current and new practices
- Stays abreast and applies all current applicable legislation
- Shares information with the Kids Kottage team
- Completes admissions and discharges with the parents when Intake Worker is not available
- A minimum of diploma in the human services field, and/or early child care education
- 2 years’ experience preferred but not essential (experience in care of infants and children is an asset)
- Program development and implementation experience
- Excellent problem solver
- Will be a self-starter who applies energy, vision and flexibility to his/her work
- Must provide and maintains current clear CYIM and Police Criminal Record checks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Child Development
- Trauma Informed Child Care
- Brain story and brain architect
- Knowledge of Adverse Childhood Experiences theories is an asset
- Ability to think critically
- Proven ability to multitask
- Knowledge of strength-based strategies and able to use them effectively
- Build strong rapport with all staff, team, and families including those from diverse cultures
- Has familiarity with the developmental needs of infants and children up to 10 years of age
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Strong communicator
- A collaborator – engages peers, community and leadership
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Driven towards excellence
- Tolerance, patience and integrity
- Good sense of humor
- Crisis Nursery
- 2 openings for childcare staff available to work 8-hour night shifts of 12:00am-8:00am
- 1 Maternity Leave (12-18 months) opening: night shifts Sundays-Thursdays
- 1 opening for night shifts Mondays-Fridays
An excellent compensation and benefits package await the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
For the opportunity to join the Kids Kottage Foundation, in the role of Family Support worker, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Website: kidskottage.org
**We appreciate the interest of all applicants. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview. **
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage all candidates who self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities to apply.
The COVID-19 Vaccination Verification Policy for Kids Kottage Foundation requires all Kids Kottage Foundation personnel to be fully vaccinated. This is a condition of employment, should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment then the hiring manager or a human resources representative will contact you in order to complete a vaccination verification.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by Kids Kottage Foundation. These screenings may include a criminal record check, clear vulnerable sector check.