FASD Respite Program
Children impacted by FASD (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder) acquired brain damage due to prenatal exposure to alcohol.
The brain damage leaves them to face a lifelong disability that is often invisible and poorly understood. These youngsters are very vulnerable to abuse and neglect.
- Parents/caregivers with regular relief of parenting responsibilities that allows them to rest,and rejuvenate.
- 6 hours of respite once a week, free of charge.
- Ready access to moral support as well as the latest knowledge and expertise about FASD.
- Monthly parent support groups where experts in this field describe the latest best practice strategies and the most current information about FASD.
- With caring support, children impacted by FASD can grow to become successful and productive.
FASD Family Support from NeuroDevNet on Vimeo.
Kids Kottage and our partner, Elves Special Needs Society, have implemented an FASD Respite Program to help these children find their strengths and understand how to cope with their lives. Children’s families or caregivers become strategists armed with information and skill that will help their children to become all that they can be.
The support of staff and each other helps boost their own morale so that they can parent their child with love and warmth they deserve
|To receive FASD Respite or to find out more about the program, please contact us.|