Fund Development Manager
Are you passionate about serving your community? Are you an experienced fund development professional eager to make a difference in the lives of infants and children?
Kids Kottage Foundation (KKF) is currently searching for the perfect candidate to serve as our Fund Development and Communications Manager who is responsible for creating the organization’s philanthropic strategy and operationalizing it.
Kids Kottage Foundation is significantly funded through corporate and personal donations, funds from events, and grants. The perfect candidate will promote the vision of the organization ensuring maximum brand awareness and donor impact to the community. In cooperation with the Executive Director, you will lead the organization in all aspects of fund development and communications, truly driving funds that are used to care for vulnerable infants and children.
In this role, you will lead a dynamic team to accomplish the organization’s fundraising and communications goals by providing oversight to KKF’s database administrator, and communications and marketing team.
This is an external-facing role that emphasizes donor relations, gift solicitation, grant writing to non-government agencies, and the management of all fundraising opportunities. This position is a key driver in designing and executing short and long-term fundraising goals for KKF and is responsible for ensuring that those goals are met.
- Develops a philanthropic strategy for the organization;
- Directs the communications and marketing team to develop all materials to achieve strategic goals;
- Actively participates in the daily activities of KKF, particularly those relating to philanthropy, connecting with the Program Manager, Accounting Department, and staff as appropriate on the established philanthropic goals.
- Responsible for fostering a philanthropic culture among KKF staff and board;
- Creates and manages a portfolio of KKF donors - large and small - acquiring, renewing, and upgrading donors using a variety of cultivation tools and activities;
- Develops and executes creative strategies to expand the donor base, ensuring a robust prospect pipeline;
- Brings innovation and revision to the Sponsorship program making it relevant and exciting for corporate donors;
- Plays a lead role in the planning and execution of a variety of fundraisers, community and stewardship events (e.g. annual fundraising event, donor appreciation event and annual general meeting);
- Serves as the lead on all aspects of grant and foundation research, relationship building and written application development;
- Oversees volunteer and community engagement activities including the Volunteer Connector program.
- At least 5-7 years experience with nonprofit fund development, including major gift, annual and business sponsorships
- Computer literacy and knowledge of donor database systems
- Experience and knowledge using Raiser’s Edge NXT software, MS Windows, databases and Excel
- Ability to use social media for fundraising and donor cultivation
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, writing and public speaking skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key donors, partners, stakeholders, staff, and volunteers
- Exemplary planning skills: ability to identify strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create, and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results
- Current Driver’s License with valid proof of insurance.
- College or University diploma/degree. Preferences will be given to candidates with education in Business, Communications, Marketing and Non-profit Management;
- Current Certified Fundraising Professional Executive certification is required.
- Full-Time position, 37.5 hours of work/week. Flexible hours; including evening and occasional weekends are required.
- This position is based out of Kids Kottage Foundation Administration Office, and also requires working in the community.
- Based on education, skills, abilities, and experience. Upon completion of a probationary period, we additionally offer a comprehensive, competitive, extended health benefits package.
How to Apply:
- Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include Fund Development Manager in the subject line of the email and state your salary expectations in the cover letter.
- Website: www.kidskottage.org
**We appreciate the interest of all applicants. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.**
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage all candidates who self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities to apply.
The COVID-19 Vaccination Verification Policy for Kids Kottage Foundation requires all Kids Kottage Foundation personnel to be fully vaccinated. This is a condition of employment, should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment then the hiring manager or a human resources representative will contact you in order to complete a vaccination verification.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by Kids Kottage Foundation. These screenings may include a criminal record check, clear vulnerable sector check.
Kids Kottage Value Statement: All children have inherent value as individuals and are recognized to have specific rights, established under the 1989 United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. Kids Kottage Foundation respects and upholds these specific and inherent rights.