Every child deserves to be safe, and our Radiothon is your opportunity to join the Edmonton community in raising funds to keep infants and children safe, and their families strong each Christmas. It’s our annual capital campaign kicking off on December 1st and running all December long. We partner with our friends at 105.9 SHINE FM and AM 930 The Light to broadcast live in an effort to rally the community together in support of the families we serve.
It is people like you that have enabled us to provide a safe place for over 27,000 infants and children since 1995. Unfortunately, this year has been challenging for many, and our organization is no exception. We have seen a significant increase in the severity of our crisis calls, and an increased number of infants and children who are in need of a safe space.
What does your donation provide?
- It will enable us to shelter infants and children, protecting them from crisis, toxic stress, food insecurities and other factors that would endanger their wellbeing.
- The support parents or caregivers need to get out of the current crisis, and prevent future crises from occurring.
- A set of clothes, toothbrushes, a warm bed and other basic necessities for a child in need
- Three healthy meals and three healthy snacks for each day they are in our care
- Specially trained staff who give unconditional 24 hours support to the children.
- An opportunity for children who have experienced traumatic situations to just be children
- A future for Edmonton's most vulnerable
- Programs for families who are struggling with homelessness, extreme poverty, mental or physical illness, intergenerational trauma, the list goes on...