Volunteer Board of Director
Kids Kottage Foundation is a 24/7, 365 days a year shelter operation for infants and children 10 years of age. Relieving infants and children from the crisis they face (such as) violence, homelessness, poverty, mental or physical health issues in the home environment.
The Kottage helps families and fills in the gaps in a family’s support system, caring for the infants and children while the adults are connected to the resources that they need to prevent the family from falling further into crisis.
There are few more deserving of help than those under the age of ten.
This voluntary Board of Director role requires senior level leadership experience and requires the ability to drive strategic thinking in the context of an evolving system and dynamic organization. Applicants will demonstrate a track record of effective governance on other boards, successfully working in collaboration with others to achieve objectives, as well a strong commitment to improving our community’s capacity around child maltreatment, abuse and neglect.
Kids Kottage Foundation is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. Many of our clients have Indigenous heritage. We especially welcome applicants with Indigenous ancestry, people of color, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations, Two Spirit, and gender identities (2SLGBTQQIA+), and others with skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
While COVID- 19 has changed the way we work, meetings have moved to a virtual setting which includes:
- Ongoing work of the Board of Directors; and
- Ongoing and pre-scheduled committee meetings.
The Vision is Bold;
Our vision is to build strong families and ensure the safe-keeping and well-being of all children.
- To prevent child abuse and neglect before it becomes a way of life;
- To ensure children are safely cared for when their families are in crisis or need respite; and
- To assist parents in crisis, continually helping them work toward meeting their potential.
Kids Kottage Foundation is currently recruiting for a Board of Director. The Board of Directors provides expertise needed to execute the vision and mission of the Foundation.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to participate in achieving the strategic objectives of Kids Kottage Foundation and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal attributes:
- High level of integrity and accountability;
- Bring diversity of opinions, skills and expertise;
- Bring a network committed to philanthropy, and corporate give;
- Strong business acumen;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Results oriented and driven;
- Demonstrate a track record of leadership experience, and expertise in board governance.
- Participate in governance activities of setting the strategic direction and goals to accomplish the Foundation’s mission;
- Participate in the governance of activities of the oversight of fiduciary duties of finances and approval of annual budgets;
- Participate in Board activities, committees and ad-hoc committees when required.
Time commitment (approximately 5 – 10 hours per month on average) involves preparation and attendance at monthly meetings, quarterly Board of Directors meetings, committee leadership and participation.
HOW TO APPLY
To explore this volunteer Board of Director opportunity, you are invited to submit a letter of interest or resume to JFraser@kidskottage.org noting “Board Application” in the subject line by August 1st, 2021.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *
Kids Kottage Value Statement: All children have inherent value as individuals and are recognized to have specific rights, established under the 1989 United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. Kids Kottage Foundation respects and upholds these specific and inherent rights.