Radiothon 2014 - What a day it was!
105.9 SHINE FM and 0930 the Light broadcasted live Radiothon Day from the HMV stage at West Edmonton Mall from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. on December 11, 2014.
Cody was at the mall when we brought all the equipment and supplies the Kottage would use for Radiothon Day. This young man stepped forward and did all the unloading from the vehicle and carried the supplies to its place under the stage, ready for Radiothon Day.
From 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. telephone teams took calls from generous listeners for a Radiothon Day total of over $88,000 (including on-line donations added at the end of the day) to help children and families when the ‘bottom just simply falls out and there is nowhere else to turn’. Special thanks go out the Awards Unlimited team who mounted their own mini-fundraiser to raise money for their hour on the phones Radiothon Day. Not only did they do excellent outreach to have people phone their pledges in during their hour, but Awards Unlimited matched $2000 of the money raised during their hour.
We benefitted from the matching funds of many individuals, companies and corporations. Kids Kottage thanks Edmonton Area Council One Society, Jim Mones, Starline Equipment Sales Std, Purdy’s Chocolates Ltd., M & Z Industrial Supplies, Timothy G Muzyka Professional Corporation, Edmonton Public Teachers, Edward Graham, Ken & Betty-Jo Tell, Cameron Plumbing & Heating and ATB Financial and Awards Unlimited.
Companies like Green Line Pipe and Hose brought their staff’s money donations right down to Radiothon along with in-kind gifts chosen especially for children.
The young people of Pure Artists entertained throughout the day. Without volunteers Radiothon Day could never happen.
- Dave, Connie, Emily and Ty of Xtreme Printing;
- Karen ,Kirk, Lorie, Jacquie and Saylor from BNI;
- Jackie, Ron, Dusty and Kevin from Mammoet;
- Terri, Kim, and Huong from Awards Unlimited;
- Dwayne, Clarence, Bayne and Todd from the Eskimo Alumni;
- Bryce and Graeme from Brownlee Law;
- Bud from Edmonton Transit, Eldon Gjesdal from Energy Efficient Homes and Don Bourassa;
- Abdul, Faezeh, Adrienne, Tara and Kelly from Kingston Ross Paznak;
- Dana, Ken, Lisa, Leanne and Rada sitting on the phones for
- The Radio hosts: Robert of 0930 the Light;
- Johnny Rocket, Hollie Taylor, David James, Melayne Shankel ,and Carol Henders of 105.9 SHINE FM.
We thank all of you who followed on the Twitter and Facebook. It is so important to get the word out and you helped us to do that in a big way.
And then there are all of you who donated, who took our total to over $88,000! May your hearts be warmed by the realization that you have made the way for many children to be safe and nurtured and their parents to find support and caring during times of family distress. YOU have helped Kids Kottage in a big way.
YOU HAVE MADE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY.